Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Official Rite of Passage Book List for Guys

So my son just turned 13 and to mark his transition from boyhood to manhood, he has a new bookshelf of YA novels he now gets to read. I asked people on Facebook, Twitter, and my blog to help me create a reading list for this, his first year of teendom.

The Go-To authors of choice for new teen guys? M.T. Anderson and Chris Crutcher. I can't wait to introduce my new teen to them.

Here it is, The Official Rite of Passage Book List for Guys:

Feed
Be More Chill
Lord of the Flies
A Separate Peace
Catcher in the Rye
Staying Fat for Sarah Bynes
Dunk
Standard Hero Behavior
Outsiders
Going Nowhere Faster
The Chocolate War
Godless
Speak / Inexcusable
Looking for Alaska
Call it Courage
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Knights of the Hill Country
Whale Talk
The Knife of Letting Go
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
I am the Cheese
David Copperfield
Succeeding against the odds
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist
Samurai Shortstop
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie
Viking Warrior
Something Happened

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Sweet! This is a great list -- it really could go on and on, but this is a good start for the FIRST year of teendom!

Little Willow said...

Nice picks!

Jackie Parker said...

OH, Knights of Hill Country is good!

eXTReMe Tracker