Sunday, February 15, 2009

Inside North of Beautiful: Confluence Gallery

I thought I'd share some of the inspirations behind my latest novel, NORTH OF BEAUTIFUL. For the past few years, I've spent a ton of restorative time in the pristine Methow Valley, which serves as the locale of the novel. One of my favorite art galleries is located in Twisp: the Confluence Gallery. (The sketch below is taken from their website.)


While the description of the Nest & Egg gallery in my book is fabricated from my own imagination--and the kind of studio space where I personally would love to collage, the spirit of the gallery is pure Confluence.

Details:
Confluence Gallery
104 Glover Street
Twisp, WA
www.confluencegallery.com

2 comments:

Stacy Nyikos said...

Hi, I found your blog on the Kidlitosphere central, where mine was just added too. I had a book come out in Novemeber 08 set in ancient China and northern California, and I'm dying to ask, where was the pic of you on your blog taken?
Stacy

Little Willow said...

Ooh, that's pretty.

eXTReMe Tracker