Monday, February 23, 2009

North of Beautiful: Geocache-o-rama #1

My editor emailed with great news last week: North of Beautiful is going into its second printing! It humbles me that in this economy, readers like you are buying books. My books.

So to celebrate, I'm hosting a week of virtual geocaching with fun prizes of mucho fabulosity! Think of geocaching as high tech treasure hunting. Armed with a GPS device and coordinates, you hunt for thousands of stashed treasure boxes around the world. Hmmmm...aren't you curious what my North of Beautiful geocache tins contain?


So. This week we'll try high tech treasure hunting with clues I'll give to you--sending you to places that I think are Truly Beautiful. Post your comment with your answer and your email address, and I will randomly select a winner of the above geocache tin.

The North of Beautiful Geocache-o-rama #1: Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
In my book, Jacob had a cleft lip--a condition that can be fixed with a relatively simple surgery.
I find it truly beautiful that the winner of this year's Oscar for Best Short Documentary is about this very condition.

Coordinates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamEXQ8x72c

QUESTION:
What is the name of the winning movie for Best Short Documentary?

Today, I'm thankful for readers--whether book buyers or library patrons or both!

5 comments:

Erika Powell said...

Smile Pinki! And i was really happy when they won.

Kiki said...

Oooh, this is exciting. ^_^

Smile Pinki was a powerful docu.

My email is kikilon (at) gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Smile Pinki! :D

Danielle @ happyhiker121 [at] gmail [dot] com :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ooooh. I loved the trailer and the tag, Smile Pinki, a Real World Fairy Tale. Brilliant to follow one child to truly make us care. Brilliant! I can't wait to see it!

Justina Chen said...

And today's winner is....Seeking Neverland!!!

eXTReMe Tracker