Monday, January 05, 2009

The Patch: Spreekt u het Nederlands?


The very first book I published was a picture book, a Valentine for my daughter, called The Patch. My publisher, Charlesbridge, just sent me a letter informing me that they had sold the Dutch rights to the book! That means that little kids in the Netherlands will be able to read the book in their language. I love that. It's an amazing feeling to know that children across the world may hold my words and Mitch Vane's awesome illustrations cupped in their hands.
Today I am grateful for publishers who work ceaselessly for books they love. Thank you, Charlesbridge!

1 comment:

MarjoleinBookBlog said...

hi justina!
That is so great! I am from the Netherlands and I see more and more books by great american ya authors be translated in Dutch,fantastic!
I will go and look if i can read it here at the library : )
best
Marjolein
www.marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com

eXTReMe Tracker