Monday, January 19, 2009

Celebrating Mitali & Secret Keeper!

Mitali Perkins--author, blogger, readergirlz scout, and all-around wondrous woman--swung through Seattle on her book tour for SECRET KEEPER. She wasn't able to make it to our photo shoot for the readergirlz READ poster masterminded by YA librarian Darcy Brixey of KCLS. So we made up for it this weekend.

Kicking off The Day of Mitali, Brenda Gurung at Barnes & Noble greeted the standing room only crowd.

People lined up eagerly to get their hands on Mitali's many novels. I just love the Secret Keeper cover (and I'm not-so-secretly coveting the cover model's eyelashes.)

It seemed like the entire world of writers turned out to laud Mitali, including readergirlz postergirl, Jackie Parker, as well as diva emeritus, Janet Lee Carey. Is it just me or do they look like sisters of the heart?

And here's me with my Jackie girl. I've decided that I want Jackie to dress me and that I would follow her wherever she goes, GPS or no GPS. She is THAT smart.

Holly Cupala--she of the talent behind the North of Beautiful invite--is giggling because we are all salivating for the Indian dessert she made in honor of Mitali.

Today I am grateful for writers like Mitali who bring so much meaning to the world.

5 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Awww! I'm so jealous that you guys got to meet up and support Mitali! How cool! And how cute you all are!

mbpbooks said...

Tanita! We must have a rgz bash for your next book. There's nothing like having those divas spoil you. Justina, thanks SO much for everything. I loved spending time with you.

Sarah Woodard said...

It was so much fun.

Jackie Parker said...

Am not. But love you too.

That was an awesome, awesome day.

If we could get Tanita to Seattle for a book release bash, it would be the best thing since sliced bread!

Maya Ganesan said...

Oh, that looks like mega fun! I totally wish I could've been there.

I am super jealous right now.

eXTReMe Tracker