Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Martha Stewart, I am not

There are certain things I can do well. Like...hmmm. I'll get back to you on that.

However, food presentation? Cooking? Anything to do with the kitchen? Not so much.

Here is the cheese platter that my friend, Miss Margaret threw together:

And now I give you Exhibit A: Justina's food offering:

Which would you rather eat? Is there really any choice? Isn't it amazing what a little presentation does for a platter?

And now I give you Exhibit B: Why You Should Never Eat Anything Justina Prepares.


In case you were wondering, Crock Pot bowls should NEVER be used on the stove top. I needed to brown onions for soup that was going into crock pot for all-day simmering. Being efficient and eco (okay, lazy), I thought: heck, why not save myself washing TWO bowls and brown the onions in the crock pot. Yeah...three minutes later, CRAAAACK! The entire bottom fell out.

Today I am thankful for children who don't care what I make; they just eat it.

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, Justina!
Y'know, someday I'm going to be in your neck of the woods. And we're going to cook the heck out of something. And possibly melt down a pot. But that's okay -- some of us were meant to write. And others to cook. And those who can do both usually have sous chefs and staff. (I'll bring D. along to act as both!)

I'm lazy and hate dirtying another plate, too. I figure if I lived alone I'd probably have one faded plate and bowl and worn set of utensils and just keep rinsing them off and stowing them in the drainer...!

;) Anyway, now you have an excuse to get another crock pot! How about a red one?

holly cupala said...

Uh oh! Well, ok maybe this is just because I'm already a confirmed Justina fan, but I think your presentation is just as pretty. It has color! And that is something you do very well. :)

Jackie Parker said...

Oh dear.

So, I'm creating a list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days. On it is taking a cooking class. I'm thinking at Cooks World. Wanna come with me?

eXTReMe Tracker