Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Love Letters to Authors

I continue to be amazed and heartened by all the readers who take the time to email me about NORTH OF BEAUTIFUL. The readers who review my work. The readers who buy my books...in this economy. And the librarians! The librarians who are stocking my books in their stacks. Thank you.

Here is my fave quote this week:

"This book was one of the best books I have ever read."
--The Book Girl Reviews

That is a sentence every single writer out there deserves to hear about their work. That makes all the early, early mornings (my 4:00 a.m. stints for 6 weeks straight) and my late, late nights (editing at 1:00 a.m. is perilous) to work and rework Terra's story worth it.

Today, I am glad to mark the last weekend over and welcome the new week in on the wings of this sweet review.

3 comments:

Erin said...

An internet friend of mine recently read it: http://soyescritora.blogspot.com/2009/05/wi-fi-is-lovely.html

:)

holly cupala said...

I agree, it's a wonderful book! I may be biased, but even if I wasn't, I would think so.

My verification word is: obook.

Yes.

Stacy said...

I have checked all of your books out from the library as soon as they were available. I am no sooner finished reading the book that I run out and buy it (and in the case of North of Beautiful I bought it before I was done reading it). With your next one I'll just be at the bookstore on the day it releases. I have recommended them all with great enthusiasm to everyone I know and many complete strangers. I’ve enjoyed them as much on the second and third reading as I did on the first. Thank you so much for writing such wonderful books! (and pardon the gushing but you deserve it)

eXTReMe Tracker